Friday, September 25, 2009

24 Hours

24 hours ago, I was hurriedly packing and cramming all of my stuff into suitcases, boxes and garbage bags. Now, I'm on staff with the DTS in Ensenada.
In the last week, God has been doing interesting things in the TJ DTS. Due to beginning with samll school of 10 girls, our leadership began wondering what was going on when 3 of our students cancelled or requested to be transferred to the Fall DTS in Ensenada. After several days of long meetings, prayer and conversation, the leadership team decided to combine our school with the DTS in Ensenada. Many of our students were surprised, but have agreed to transfer an hour further south. We don't know what God has up His sleeve, but are trusting His faithfulness.
Interestingly enough, throughout the last year I have always had a sense of peace when I am at our Ensenada location. In the last several weeks, that peace has come back very strongly. Last week, I spoke with Rob, the DTS director in TJ, and Jim, the base director about what had been going on in my heart. We were processing what that could mean or look like and waiting on God to speak into the situation when our studetns began to be directed elsewhere and the decision to combine the schools was made. When Tym, the DTS director in Ensenada informed my leaders that he was in need of one more femail staff memeber, they asked me Wednesday afternoon if I would consider helping with the DTS in Ensenada. I said yes. AS the DTS students arrive on Saturday, I moved down last night, got unpacked, and am getting caught  up to speed  as much as possible before the school officially begins on Monday. 
While there are certainly challenges with all the rapid change, I feel that God has His hand in all this. He's a master weaver of lives and circumstances, and I'm learning to trust His judgment : ). Right now, it's off to a meeting and a new adventure!

No comments: